Do you have tiny black ants crawling across your counters or under your kitchen sink? More than 12,000 ant species exist, but likely you’re dealing with common household ants.
Eliminating ant colonies is possible with do-it-yourself methods, but the best long-term solution is to call a professional who can help determine what type of ant you have and what type of treatment is best. With a pest control service like Aptive, you also create a longer-term plan to ensure that your home is completely ant-free.
What should you look for in an ant exterminator and what do you do while you wait for a technician to arrive to your home? We outline the things to consider when choosing an ant exterminator, from preparation to treatment options.
Ant Removal Service Options
Shopping for a pest control service can be stressful, especially as the ants continue to make their way through your home. Here are the questions to ask when you’re looking for an ant exterminator:
- Do you want a short-term treatment or a long-term solution? With a pest control service, you can invest in a year-long plan which includes seasonal inspections and free follow-up visits. For pest-free satisfaction, a longer-term plan is recommended.
- What can you afford? A one-time visit can be costly, but a follow-up visit is even more so. With a plan, you get better results and more reliable access to treatment options.
- Do you want to avoid chemicals? Ant removal often requires baits, sprays, or gel. Some of the best pest control services prioritize environmentally-friendly options.
Ant exterminators are trained to remove pests effectively. With Aptive, the exterminator will thoroughly examine your home in order to identify the type of ants and the direct source of the problem. Solutions aren’t a one-size fits all, but rather, Aptive customizes the treatments to best fit your home needs.
As part of Aptive’s Four Seasons Protection Plan, you get the benefit of year-round care, as well as the following benefits:
- An industry-leading warranty which guarantees that if your pest problem returns, they’ll treat it, free of charge, no matter how often.
- Convenient times, so you don’t have to take unnecessary time out of your day.
- Responsible pest control that offers a safe solution.
- Friendly customer service that’s available 24/7 and willing to talk you through the process or offer follow-up guidance.
- Seasonal inspections to prevent pest infestations year-round.
Aptive aims to provide quality solutions to homeowners and business owners alike. Rather than reaching for chemical-based insecticides to kill the ants, Aptive works hard to find a more effective, more environmentally-safe solution.
Preparing for an Ant Exterminator Appointment
So you’ve called an ant exterminator and you’ve scheduled a visit, what happens next? One of the best ways to rid your home of ants and prevent an infestation is to clean the surrounding areas thoroughly.
Ants typically stick around for food and water so here’s what you can do to best prepare your home ahead of ant removal services:
- Wash or wipe down or vacuum counters, floors, and carpets. The goal is to eliminate any noticeable liquids or foods, including crumbs.
- Store all of your food in seal-tight containers. This includes cereal, open chip bags (even if they’re wrapped up), and sugar of any kind.
- Take out all of your trash, removing old food from your home. Continue to remove trash regularly.
- Wash all of your dishes and keep a permanently clean skin, if possible.
- Remove pet food when your pet is finished eating.
Clean spaces are not only beneficial for removing existing ants, but allows an ant exterminator to properly treat the infestation. Some pest control services will give you a to-do list ahead of the visit. When the exterminator arrives, be prepared to ask questions and assist, as needed. If you believe you found the source, notify the expert when they’re inspecting.
Call Aptive for Ant Control
No matter what type of ant you’re dealing with – thief ants, pavement ants, or another type – Aptive has you covered. Considered the fastest growing pest control companies in North America, Aptive offers the most progressive solutions in the industry — and customers have praised us for our efforts. Aptive has received thousands of positive reviews and for good reason.
Aptive’s expert professionals know how to find the ant nest and remove the queen ant, which prevents the colony from returning. Aptive uses Advance 360A Dual Choice Ant Bait Stations and Gourmet Ant Bait Gel to achieve long-term results. A combination of treatments may be required, depending on your home needs. Thankfully, both treatments use natural ingredients and are safe for the environment and your home, protecting your kids and pets from harm.