Want to protect the environment? Want to keep your family away from chemical, dangerous pesticides which are known to cause a variety of health issues? Environmentally friendly pest control helps to reduce harmful pesticides and uses an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach to controlling, destroying, and preventing future pests.
Aptive, which started in 2016, services more than 1,300 cities across the country and aims to bring an eco-friendly solution to a decades-long problem. The company focuses on safer products that are both effective and environmentally responsible. We outline their offerings and explain the benefits of eco-friendly pest control.
Environmentally Friendly Options for Pest Removal
Even if you keep a clean house, you could still be susceptible to pest problems (though cleanliness is the first line of defense). You’ll want to have a professional inspect the inside and possibly outside of the home to determine what type of pest you’re dealing with and the magnitude of the problem.
The technician should offer a plan and a solution, which may include different options, including combinations of products. Here’s what you can expect from eco-friendly solutions vs. chemical ones:
- The products usually focus on biological controls, and may include scents, tastes, and oils.
- Rather than simply eliminating the problem, environmentally friendly pest control addresses the source of it.
- Most eco-friendly options are minimally-toxic, which means they won’t harm your kids, pets, or plants, and you don’t have to leave your home while applications are being applied.
- Eco-friendly solutions are focused on long-term prevention vs. short term removal.
Pesticides are chemical substances that were created to remove unwanted pests, but their use has caused damage to the environment and are now considered a major public health concern. The less we use these chemicals, the better.
Aptive Prefers Environmentally-Friendly Pest Control Methods
At Aptive, each treatment is created specifically for the problem at hand. Products vary, depending on the need, but here are a few of our products:
- Advance 360A Dual Choice Ant Bait Stations
- Allure Stored Product Moth Kit
- Advion Insect Granule Bait
- Avert DF Dry Flowable Cockroach Bait
- EcoPCO DX Dust Insecticide
- Essentria D Dust Insecticide
Aptive’s preferred methods include bait traps, as well as insecticides which are eco-friendly. Essentria D is made from a plant oil and EcoPCO DX Dust is an all-natural product made from plant botanicals.
Aptive Pest Control Services
You can pay for a one-time treatment or a follow-up treatment, but if you want the best bang for your buck, you’ll want to consider the Aptive Four Seasons Protection Plan, which includes four inspections per year, one per season.
The comprehensive plan starts with a detailed home inspection, conducted by a trained pest specialist, followed by a treatment plan that ensures a pest-free home year round.
The plan covers some of the most common household pests including ants, cockroaches, mice and rats, wasps, fleas, and more. The plan does not include bed bugs, termites, moles, mosquitos, or wildlife.
Why Choose Progressive Eco-Friendly Solutions
Considered the fastest growing pest control company in North America, Aptive uses the most progessive protection plan in the industry, with eco-friendly solutions at the forefront.
Aptive prioritizes the safety of their customers and the environment, and as part of Aptive’s Pest Free Guarantee, you are guaranteed year-round protection and free follow-up visits should the treatments not work effectively.
Other benefits of choosing an Aptive pest control plan include:
- 24/7 customer support
- A large network of professional pest specialists
- Over 20,000 positive reviews from customers
- Household and commercial pest control
- Guidance on how to prevent future pests from returning
- Free quote, available by phone or online
When it comes to the safety of your home, you can never be too careful. The Aptive solution is designed to best support your home needs, and that may include numerous follow-up visits to treat unwanted pests.